Didn´t we all dream big and limitless when we were kids?
In the following TED Talk by Adora Svitak, a 12 year old child prodigy, you will hear a very inspiring invitation to remember our idealistic dreams that we´ve pursued as kids, but stopped pursuing due to knowledge and experiences of failed intents that are now our pre-dominant paradigm that makes us being afraid and non-idealistic any more.
Wouldn´t it be great if we could back in time and remember what our idealistic, world changing childhood ideas were and we could dig into a little bit of forgotten passion, past experiences and ressourcefull design thinking skills in order to
- pursue these world-changing ideas again,
- make the world a better place,
- reach personal fulfillment,
- and make a living through doing what we love?
Well, I think that is time to dream again and start working on these wicked problems. The potential rewards (personal, societal & financial) are highly rewarding for all those leaders and first followers…
- What were your childhood dreams?
- What were your life experiences that tell you why realizing these dreams will not work?
- How could some systemic and strategic design thinking help you overcome these perceived barriers and turn your ideas into reality?
I think worth spending some time reflecting about these questions… Dream Big!